Monday, November 07, 2005

Now I'm Not So Sure...

Mrs. TBF and I are supposed to go to Paris this coming weekend for a little getaway. In case you haven't heard, people have been rioting around Paris (and all over France for that matter) for several days now. I'm not going to get into the politics of why the people are rioting. But...they're interfering with our weeked in Paris - so I don't like 'em.
At first I took the attitude that the rioting would probably be over by the time we made it to Paris. I figured that alot of tourists staying away from Paris would result in us getting a nice upgrade at our hotel (I, the travel diva, am always thinking upgrades!). However, it seems that the rioting just keeps getting worse. I just read that Canadian officials have advised Canadians NOT to travel to France. That doesn't really cause me too much alarm because I figure that they have to err on the side of caution. Afterall, there are 10 million people living in Paris and THEY aren't staying away. So, there must be some semblance of business as usual...RIGHT? Come on, somebody agree with me here.
Anyway, what started me thinking that maybe we should think about NOT going this weekend was when I heard that a CURFEW might be put into effect. If that's going to be the case for Paris - forget it!
We have until this Wednesday to cancel our hotel reservation. A refund on the airfare is probably a lost cause at this point, but if it's going to be an unpleasant trip I might as well cut our losses with just "eating" the airfare.
Stay tuned.

No comments: