Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's Good To Be Home!

We've been traveling quite a bit lately, to say the least. In the last five weeks, we've been to Corsica, Alicante (Spain), London, and Liverpool. Plus, Mrs. TBF was in New York last week during the week, and she's currently on her way to London to connect to a flight bound for Newark. She'll be back on Friday.
Now begins a planned, long stretch of just staying at home. There might be an overnight trip to Nyon next month, but other than that there are no planned trips until the end of August when we go back to Amalfi for a ten-day vacation. We really like traveling, but we're also very much looking forward to 8+ weeks of just hanging out at home. Hopefully, the weather will be nice this summer (unlike last summer), and we'll be able to enjoy the rooftop garden to the fullest.
As an added bonus, my gym will be closed during the first two weeks of July for its annual "cleaning and repairs" shutdown (I kid you not!). That means that I'm going to be a total schlub during the first two weeks of July. I have a few things on my "things to do" list, but most of my waking hours will be spent relaxing.
I love this time of year in Basel. It seems like most of Basel goes away on vacation. Everything is uncrowded (trams, stores, etc.), the weather is usually nice, things seem to slow down for Mrs. TBF at work, it's light out past 10 p.m., Helmut the BBQ gets a good work-out,...I could go on and on.
Get ready for a lot of posts about....well...nothing!

2 comments:

Mrs. TBF said...

I couldn't agree with you more...I can't wait to get home and join you for this stretch of being homebodies!!!

CanadianSwiss said...

Well, just don't forget the 15th of July for Indonesian snacks ;)