Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Back From The Dead!

For the second time in two weeks, Mrs. TBF and I both came down with the flu. This bout REALLY hit us hard.

It was a pretty normal weekend until Sunday evening when Mrs. TBF quickly went from "not feeling 100%" to full-on throwing up. When I went to bed around 1:00 a.m., I too noticed that I wasn't feeling 100%.

We ended up tossing and turning most of the night. I'd sleep for about an hour and wake up totally drenched. Then, I'd fall asleep and wake up an hour later frozen to the core.

I knew Mrs. TBF was REALLY sick on Monday morning when she called in sick to work (rare!). By this point, I also had full-on flu.

I remember getting up to...go to the bathroom a couple of times, feed King, and call the garage (which I barely remember) to change a service appointment for the Jeep. However, for the most part, Monday was pretty much a lost day. We ended up finally getting out of bed at 6 p.m. I think I slept for a total of about sixteen hours between 01:00 and 18:00.

This morning, Mrs. TBF called in sick for a second day in a row (REALLY rare!). We're still feeling kind of weak, but we're starting to come around. We managed to hold down some food this morning (after eating NOTHING all day yesterday), and I think we're on the mend.

It SUCKS being sick!

1 comment:

CanadianSwiss said...

OMG! That sounds terrible! Hope you both feel better really soon. Until then, I'm touching wood. Haven't had the flu in over 3 years. Touch wood!

The good sign is that you took the time to post about it, so you're on your way to recovery. Best wishes. You still have a trip ahead!