Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Off To London...Again!

While I was in Chicago last month, Mrs. TBF told me she had to go to London in March for a meeting and asked if I wanted to "tag along".

"What will I do all day while you're working?" I asked.

"Whatever you want!" was her reply.

We left Basel yesterday afternoon. Much to Mrs. TBF's chagrin, we arrived at the airport about an hour and twenty minutes before our flight. Normally, she's one of those get-to-the-airport-with-minimal-time-to-spare people. I, on the other hand, would gladly get to the airport about three hours before my flight and just sit around relaxing. Mrs. TBF thought our flight was earlier than it was, we had already printed our boarding passes at home, and the long and short of it is that we arrived at the airport waaaaaaayyyy too early for Mrs. TBF's liking. This resulted in us RELAXING in the overly large Swiss lounge: Capacity? Probably about 150 passengers. Total number of people in the lounge? About 15.

After getting settled-in to our hotel, we had just enough time to do a little shopping, stop for a couple of quick pints (Ok...1.5 to .5 split), and then get ready for dinner at a really nice restaurant - probably our best dining experience in London so far.

What will I do all day today? Whatever I want! Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like fun. But you travel way too much. ;-) By the way, tell mrs tbf that I love her scarf!

Anonymous said...

TBF & Mrs. TBF - You two really do have the best life and enjoy every second of it!!!! Enjoy your stay in jolly old london and look forward to the low down of the trip on the blog. ESP

Gretchen said...

Love the life of a trailing spouse... such fond memories...

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun.... Are you guys coming back to Paris anytime soon?!
I'm off to Austria and Hungary for 10 days in just 16 days from now!! YAYYYYY!!!!