Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Sudbury Relatives...

We managed to see quite a few relatives while we were in Sudbury. I always had my little camera on my belt when we were together with the relatives. Unfortunately, I pretty much always forgot about the camera on my belt until I was undressing to go to bed at night. DOH!

You're just going to have to take my word for it - we saw a lot of relatives.

Fortunately, I did manage to remember the camera when we were visiting my Aunt Astrid and Uncle Elmer. They live about 30 minutes outside of Sudbury, and we went out to their place one sunny morning for some coffee and cake.

I also remembered to take a picture of the trees that morning. Why, you ask? Well, look at those trees! Do you notice anything unusual? That's right... barely any leaves at all. May 11th, and it still felt like late winter or VERY early spring to me.

Summer comes late and ends early in Northern Ontario. My Uncle Erik told me that he doesn't know why anybody bothers to plant flowers there during the summer. You can't put them out until June, and they're pretty much on their way out by the beginning of September.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yup... Those trees up there. P's parent's live up higher in Quebec Lake Region but it's the same scenario...

Should have had that camera out to document the times... But at least you had one photo from the trip.

Treff said...

Let me tell you - cameras on belts are super fly! :)