Tuesday, July 27, 2004

...And Then There Were Four!

I just noticed that I haven't blogged for over a week.  Sorry....my bad.
Perry, Renee, John, and Cathy just left yesterday morning, and they're now back in Chicago.  So it's back down to just us and the pets.  We did quite a bit while Perry and Renee were staying at our house, so the blogging kind of took a backseat.  I just want to point out, that I did weigh myself at the gym two days after my first weigh-in, and that I was already down to 112.1 kg./246.6 lbs.  So, it only took two days to lose the one kilo I gained during my three-week gym hiatus.  Today, I'm going to go to the gym right after dropping Steve, Louise, and the kids off at Basel Airport.  I'll make sure I weigh in again, although I'm not expecting too good results after a weekend of sausages, etc.
It was really hot and humid here last week.  We had temperatures in the low 30s and the humidity was up into the low 80%s.  That's not bad by Chicago standards, but I just want to remind you that people do not have air conditioning in Switzerland.  There is no escape from the heat.  So, the only way for me to be able to sleep is to have a fan blowing right on my head.  That causes me to wake up with my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth and my sinuses feeling as if they're filled with cement.  Not good.  Fortunately, this week looks like it's going to be pretty much sunny with lower humidity and temps in the mid 20s.  Ahhhhhhhhhh, sweet relief!
I have to leave for the airport in about an hour.....so that's all for now.

No comments: