Thursday, May 19, 2005

I didn't wake up until 4:30 p.m. today...

...because I have the flu. Actually, I got up several times starting at about 4:00 a.m. to go to the bathroom (I won't disgust you with the details).
I was just telling somebody last week that I escaped being sick all winter. As a matter of fact, I haven't been sick since October when I had a cold. I guess I jinxed myself.
I really feel terrible, and I'm kind of disappointed about not being able to go to my French lesson tonight - Mrs. TBF's going to go it alone.
I hadn't eaten all day, so I decided that I needed to get some food in my stomach. I opted for some water crackers, and I have to say that they definitely do not rank at the top of my list of favorite things to eat.

2 comments:

The DP said...

best stomach flu sustenance: put a bottle of coke or rivella in the freezer until it is slushy. drink slush. the toast from migros is really dry and sucky, but just the thing if your tummy hurts.
i hope you get better soon!

The Big Finn said...

Thanks for the advice. I pretty much just sipped non-slushy Diet Coke, but I'll try the slush trick next time.
Also, I agree with you about the Migros bread. It really sucks. We live right next-door to a Migros and I bought a loaf of their bread in a pinch....never again. I'll stick with the Harry's wheat bread I buy at Geant in St. Louis, France.
The reason why Swiss grocery store bread sucks??? It's because they don't use enzymes in the baking process. I found that out from my ex-neighbor Andy who's in the enzyme business!