Friday, July 22, 2005

Bringin' Home the Bacon..


Or, as the Swiss say: Bringing home the bread. I don't know about you, but I'll take bacon over bread any day of the week. Although, put the two together with some lettuce, tomato, and a glob of mayo, and then you're talkin' my language.
I actually think about BLTs a lot. Our tram system is called Baselland Transport - or, BLT for short. So, whenever I'm standing at the tram stop and one of the big, yellow trams pull up with the big BLT on the side, it makes me hanker for a BLT.
Wait, where was I going with this? Oh yeah, this is a picture of Mrs. TBF taken this morning at the Bottmingermühle tram stop right by our house just before she boarded the tram to go to work - or, "bring home the bacon". Doesn't she look all bright and cheery in her orangy garb? And, she'll be even cheerier when she gets home because she'll be bringing home one of those Bose speaker docking stations for our iPod that one of her colleagues brought back from the U.S. Also, we found out today that the "competent Swiss authorities" have granted us permanent residency status by issuing us "C-permits". Will we ever return to the U.S.? Only time will tell.
But now...I have more important things to tend to. All this talk about bacon and BLTs has given me the urge to go next door to the Migros and buy some BLT ingredients.
It's time for TBF to bring home the bacon!

2 comments:

The DP said...

congrats on the C permit!

I have to ask, how much drama was it getting a Swiss drivers licence? Did you have reciprocity or did you have to take a test over again?

Gretchen said...

I LOVE the orange and red! Please tell her (Mrs. TBF) that I'm extremely jealous of that outfit. Maybe I can find something similar when I travel to the US later this week...