Thursday, July 21, 2005

Where'd Everybody Go?


Basel's a ghost town these days. It happens every year during July - the kids get out of school and everybody goes on vacation. And let me tell you, it's a pleasure being among the few who stay behind.
There's even less traffic than usual (which is usually pretty light), there are no lines at the grocery and home improvement stores, and a lot of the stores have sales. For example, the special of the day at Coop was half-price, ready-made pizza. As a matter of fact, I have one in the oven right now. Everything around town seems slow paced and relaxed - and I like it!
Another great thing about not taking vacation now is that when we take our vacation at the end of August, all the kids will be back in school. So, we'll get to enjoy the Amalfi Coast in relaxed, uncrowded comfort.
The timer's about to go off. It's time to enjoy my pizza. It'll taste twice as good because I paid half the usual amount.
1:15 p.m. - I decided to snap a picture of the pizza and my half-price coupon. I actually forgot the coupon at home, but the checkout lady still gave me the pizzas for half price. The triangular pieces of cheese on top of the pizza are my own personal touch - TBF needs the extra energy for working out at the gym.

No comments: