Saturday, October 28, 2006

Friday...Ummm...Saturday Flashback: Boo!

Trick or treat!!!!!!

Back in 1965, my mom decided that a bunny outfit would be the perfect Halloween costume for me. Oh, the horror! Dad: Couldn't you have stepped in and demanded a more masculine costume? It's amazing that I made it through that Halloween without a lifetime's worth of emotional scarring. And, look at the size of that trick or treat bag. How much candy/sugar would that thing hold? I'm thinking about ten pounds worth. The fact that I overcame that sugar overload and ended up with good teeth must be a miracle of a combination of genetics, good oral hygiene, and self-discipline.

I'll be leaving for Chicago with my parents this Monday morning which means I'll get to see my nieces' and nephew's Halloween costumes in person. I'm going to have to check out upon arrival how my nephew's dressing up for Halloween.

If there's any hint of androgyny...I'm hopping...umm..stepping in!

15 comments:

Mrs. TBF said...

I guess that's why you're my honey bunny TBF!!!

Unknown said...

well at least you were little back then! I really like the flashback photo! I'm hoping I'm aloud to travel so that I can actually gather up my belongings and find some cool photos too...

Ah mrs TBF is so cute... =)

CanadianSwiss said...

OMG you really made me laugh!! The TBF bunny. Thank goodness you don't belong to the Hugh Hefner group :-)

Sal DeTraglia said...

Don't worry. The same thing happened to Ralphie on "A Christmas Story," and look how he turned out.

Buen viaje. Have a Mallow Cup for me.

Sal

christina said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! How cute is that? In 1965 I dressed as a princess - plastic mask, pink stretch pants and brown orthopedic shoes. Really stunning.

The Sour Kraut said...

It's taking all of my self-control not to correct the word misspelling (not to worry, it's not yours or the misses.)

The picture is so cute. You still look just like you did back then.

christina said...

orthopedic
orthopaedic

both spellings are correct ;-)

The Big Finn said...

TSK - Get a life!

Christina - I don't think TSK is referring to your spelling.

christina said...

OK, then I'm a happy camper!

The Sour Kraut said...

So much for being nice to me!

Anonymous said...

He's not aloud to be nice.

The Big Finn said...

TSK - I find your obsession with spelling to be a sign of insecurity and a "cry for help". I'm not being mean...just honest.

Dixie said...

I like the bunny costume myself. Show that you're secure in your own identity.

The Sour Kraut said...

I guess what I find funny isn't what others find funny. I apologize to the readers of this blog if I insulted anyone.

TBF-TMS warned me that if the "get a life" comment upset me, then I'd really be mad at the next one. He was right. I think the best thing for our friendship is for me to no longer comment. And how do you figure you're not being mean?

The Big Finn said...

Wow! People in America sure are sensitive!