Monday, October 02, 2006

Total Clarity...

I now realize why I've been disappointed lately by the food at fancy, gourmet restaurants. It's because Mrs. TBF is such a great cook, and her cooking is the standard by which I compare all other cuisine.

She came home Saturday morning from a three-day trip to the U.S. If it had been me, I would have been totally jet-lagged for at least...oh...three days. Mrs. TBF? Nope! She asked me what I wanted for dinner, she prepared a shopping list, and off into town we went...

Sure, Mrs. TBF had a short afternoon nap after we returned home, but by 8:00 we were sitting down to a great cioppino dinner. As per usual, I felt something rubbing my leg.

For the record: King likes cioppino too.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks incredible to me! Props to Mrs TBF for so much energy. It must be all that home cooking that does you guys well...

King totally reminds me of our 6 months or so old rascal Spunk. He's so funny and has learned his name and popped a huge ball today too...

Good thing he isn't into eating people food yet, but he sure does rule the dog.

The Big Finn said...

I just noticed that I'm reflexively protecting the "family jewels" from King's razor-like claws.

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! It seems to me that Mrs. TBF rocks! And King is a cutie.

CanadianSwiss said...

Can't blame you for trying, buddy! I'd do the same!

The DP said...

Your cat is such a beast! He looks like the type to "sample" from the plate...

christina said...

Do you think King could find the time in his busy mooching-from-the-table schedule to type out the recipe for that delicious looking cioppino for us?

The Sour Kraut said...

Mrs. TBF,
Would you ever consider leaving TBF and becoming Mrs. TSK?

Anonymous said...

Remember Menstrual Chili?

Unknown said...

ok - I'm so ready for another photo... By the way, I finally got P to take a photo with me without bribery!

Mrs. TBF said...

I'm Back Bloggers...after all the travelling and then I got a new laptop which was not set to pick up our home wireless until now. I need to create a way to post recipes without typing them. Any ideas out there.
TSK - Naughty girl!
TMS - How could I forget?

Anonymous said...

TBF....you really need to be writing afew books here....a travel book,a restaurant book,an adventure book and a life book!!!!Fabulous reads!!!!!This is your old neighbor "ehh!!!!!