Sunday, December 03, 2006

What Are The Odds??

The train began moving, and I was on my way back to Basel. I had pretty much everything I needed for the return trip - my day pass and halbtax abo, my favorite beer in the world, a snack, a newspaper, and my mobile phone. Mrs. TBF called me from Chicago a few minutes into the trip, and I was basically oblivious when a couple joined me in my compartment at the next stop. After getting off the phone, I noticed that the couple had Canadian flag lapel pins on their jackets.

What are the odds that a couple from Sudbury, Ontario - where I was born - would end up sitting right across from me on a train going from Chur to Basel in Switzerland?

I think I should go buy a lottery ticket.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey those are pretty cool odds. I hope you were in the mood to shoot the .... with them..