Saturday, February 17, 2007

Valentine Flu Bug...

That was one nasty flu bug we had this week. Lucky for me though, the worst of it was fairly short-lived. On Sunday, when TBF started coming down with the flu, I was hoping I could escape it's grippe (pun fully intended). But, by Tuesday night, I was starting to feel some of the symptoms. I was hoping I was just imagining it and that when I would wake up on Wednesday morning, it would be gone. Instead, I really started to feel body aches. But, I went to work for a couple of meetings and then finally gave in at about 3PM and went home to rest. Thursday AM was full on every move you make hurts kind of body aches, which lasted pretty much the entire day and yes, I did stay home from the office. I managed to get a lot done in a semi-prone position and did have a few phone calls. Luckily for me, TBF was feeling better on Thursday so he could take care of me - which he did. He made me soup and hot TheraFlu and a few cups of tea. Unfortunately, I'm pretty allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen, so pain relief is confined to acetaminophen based products. On Thursday night when I went to bed, I really wasn't sure I'd be able to make it to the office on Friday, but when I woke up after a 9 hour sleep (at 8AM), I actually felt - not bad! So, I decided to give it a go and head to the office, where, as the day went on I felt better and better. I still have a little cough - not ever as bad as TBF's was, and a tiny bit of congestion. By Friday night, I was feeling well enough for the wine-tasting we were invited to that evening and thought that a little (ha ha) wine would actually do me some good. After all - doesn't alcohol kill germs??? The wine tasting was a good end to a bad week and a great start to a weekend. Stay tuned for the Valentine's weekend of cooking. TBF is making a special dinner for me tonight and I'm making him a special dinner tomorrow night. I can smell the beautiful guinness chocolate cake he's baked and he's working away on a couple of surprise dishes right now. By the way...he's just taken his shirt off so it must be getting hot in that kitchen! Can't wait.
Ciao

1 comment:

CanadianSwiss said...

Glad to hear that you're both back on your feet again and feeling better.

Can't wait to see all the goodies you made. You know, come to think of it, you should also put up a food blog.