Monday, February 04, 2008

Two Seasons...

...for the price of one.

We're all clean and safe here in Basel after our (too short) week in the U.S. I'm happy to be back to see King and our friends, but I would gladly have spent another week in Chicago. But no worries, 'cause I'll be back in Chicago in 71 days.

This trip was very unique for me because I took a side-trip to Florida during the week to visit my folks at their winter condo. As far as I can remember, it's the first time in my life that I ever experienced this and this in the same week during the month of January.

While I was in Florida, the sun was shining with highs in the upper 70s (25˚C). I wore shorts, a short-sleeved shirt, and flip flops...when I wasn't wearing a bathing suit and swimming in the pool. When I returned to Chicago on Wednesday morning, the temperature was 0˚ (-18˚C) and the snot inside my nose was freezing up each time I inhaled. The next day, Chicago got dumped with 12" of snow.

Maybe it's just me getting older, but I found wintertime Florida to be extremely appealing. But...I also found a certain appeal to driving around Chicago in 12" of snow and sliding all over the place.

Hmmm...which to choose?

No comments: