Monday, February 04, 2008

TBF Alarm!

As I said before, we arrived in Chicago on Saturday afternoon. On Sunday morning, I woke up at 3:20 a.m. - I'm not really sure why, but it seems that I always wake up at the exact same time my first morning in Chicago. I tried to fall back to sleep, but I knew after fifteen minutes of lying in bed wide-awake that it was hopeless. So, I just got up, made myself some coffee, and read until about 6:00 a.m. At 6:00, I was tired of drinking coffee and reading magazines, so I woke up Mrs. TBF and we went to the grocery store to buy a few essentials like bacon and Fritos.

By the way...I made Mrs. TBF drive so that she could get in some practice!

We got to the store at around 7:00 a.m. The first thing we did was buy a couple of coffees at the in-store Starbucks from a lady who seemed to have already had about fifteen cups herself. Then, we proceeded to walk through every aisle of the store just looking at the multitude of "low trans fat" products and products containing "antioxidants". Who knew that you could buy Coca Cola with either vitamins or anti-oxidants? Wait a second...

Doesn't caffeine impede the absorption of vitamins?

...thought so.

I immediately realized I was going to have a problem when Mrs. TBF said that she wanted to push the shopping cart. You see, the problem was that Mrs. TBF was going to be pushing the cart with one hand and holding her coffee in the other. As you may recall, I don't really like having to carry my own stuff so I was kind of getting myself psyched up to carry that hot cup of coffee myself when I noticed that (luckily!) our shopping cart had a special Starbucks cup holder.

I'm not sure how I would have coped without it!

1 comment:

Mrs. TBF said...

Dearest TBF, oh I know all too well about how you don't like to carry your own stuff. You should also show the blogosphere the photo of MammaTBF having to carry your sunglasses case while you were visiting Florida!!!