Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Frenchifying The Finns...

It was Saturday morning, and we were sitting in the Starbucks right by our hotel on Rue de Berri when...

OK...don't give me any grief! It was convenient, quick, and...hey...we like Starbucks!

Oh...and by the way...

Starbucks is more expensive IN BASEL than it is in Paris!!! Why is that?

Anyway...

I looked out the window, and I saw a familiar logo on the van parked across the street: the logo for a Finnish company called Kone. I looked at it, sipped some coffee, looked at it again...

Something just wasn't right.

Then...it hit me! The French have added an accent over the "e".

Sacre bleu!!!

1 comment:

CanadianSwiss said...

You know, I've wondered why some things in Paris ARE cheaper than here (for the same thing), too. And they have a higher VAT. WTF?