Sunday, April 20, 2008

In Praise of TBF

Hello, and yes, I know...I haven't written in a while. For those of you who are regular readers, you probably know that I've been a bit busy lately with work, and TBF has written about my obsessive behaviors. But, as is usually the case when he goes away to visit family and friends in Chicago, I take on a second job ...the housework and taking care of King...the beast! Actually, perhaps that's two additional jobs.

So, I must sing the praises of TBF. How the heck does he do it... that is keep the apartment so clean??? Between my hair and King's fur it's a full time job. Both of us seem to shed quite a lot and need to be vacuumed up after frequently! Then there's all the recycling and composting and taking out of the garbage! I actually had to make a list of things to do so I wouldn't forget. I'm happy to report that I have also used the washing machine and the dryer successfully this weekend, and I remember twice to pull the chain on the cuckoo clock !!! I remembered to get the mail too! Very proud of myself indeed. But, let's not get carried away now.

I have 4 more days to go before he comes home and takes over. I'm sure there will be something I messed up on or forgot to do. As much as I miss TBF, it's probably good that he goes away from time to time so I can appreciate him even more, keep some of those dormant housework skills semi-active, and give him a break from it all...particularly the ungrateful, complaining beast King!!! Thank God I don't have to do any banking while he's away...now that would make my brain explode!
Ciao.

2 comments:

The Big Finn said...

Don't worry about the banking. Just keep bringing home the bacon, and I'll take care of the rest.

Mrs. TBF said...

Here's another item for the list...cleaning the beast's litter box! OMG, I think he's been aging some of his poops because they are stanky!!!!!