Friday, June 06, 2008

The Perfect Snack?

June 5, 2008...

...at approximately 11:15 a.m.: TBF buys his first Scotch egg.

11:31 a.m.: Jeanette congratulates TBF on his purchase.

11:32 a.m.: TBF takes his first bite.

11:33 a.m.: Crumbs on lips, and half of the egg already on the way to his stomach, TBF wonders why it has waited 45+ years to sample this Scottish delicacy.

Let's look at the numbers...

The nutritional information states that each egg contains:
2.3 grams of fiber...

310 calories...

20.6 grams of fat!
That shouldn't be too many Weight Watchers points, right?

6 comments:

Global Librarian said...

7 points...

Since I only get 23 points per day, I think I shall be skipping the Scottish eggs!

King da Cat said...

Hey...

When is yous guyses coming home?

Michael said...

i'm sure you ate it slowly right?

The Big Finn said...

michael - I try to stick to chewing each mouthful 30 times before swallowing. However, I think I may have failed in this case.

headbang8 said...

And you haven't tried that famous Glasgow delicacy, the deep-fried Mars Bar? I believe it's only 8623 Weight Watcher's points.

The Big Finn said...

hb8 - One of my disappointments during this trip was that I never found any place that served this kind of stuff. As a matter of fact, I couldn't find a chip shop of any kind. I ended up having fish and chips at our hotel in Loch Lomond.