Saturday, June 07, 2008

Sunrise...Sunset

I read in the newspaper this morning that sunrise is at about 4:30 a.m. and sunset at about 9:50 p.m. in Scotland at this time of year.

After enjoying a really great curry dinner this evening (with the added bonus of struggling to understand the waiter who had simultaneous Indian AND Glaswegian accents), we decided to make the 30-minute walk back to the hotel instead of taking a taxi. Along the way, I snapped this photo on the streets of Glasgow using the 10-second timer - it was 10:55 p.m.

While I'm enjoying the fact that dusk lasts pretty late into the night, I'm still hoping that I'll get to experience some typical, rainy Scottish weather - at least at some point.

I haven't felt even one drop of rain since we arrived in Scotland.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome shot! I'll gladly send you over some of this Vancouver rain any day of the week...

CanadianSwiss said...

Funny that I had the same experience with the UK weather as you have. 9/10 times we had clear, sunny skies. But since we're missin' some of that over here, just make sure you take some of that untypical, sunshiny weather back home with you!

The Sour Kraut said...

That photo is awesome!

The missus is a hottie.