Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Comfort Food

We've had yet another brush with celebrity.

I was enjoying my 1.5 hour snooze on the sofa in the Concorde Lounge at Heathrow when Mrs. TBF woke me up (the NERVE!!!) to tell me that our flight would be boarding soon (oh...thanks!).

Oh...and by the way, Mrs. TBF...thanks for the flattering photo. Revenge WILL be sweet!

While I was wiping away the crud from my eyes and the drool from my cheeks, I glanced over Mrs. TBF's shoulder and noticed a BA employee fawning over a man who looked very familiar. I heard the BA lady say "Just let me know if there's anything at all I can do for you...." and the celeb-dar in my groggy brain began beeping.

The man just sat there staring straight ahead as if he was in a trance, so he didn't notice me staring, trance-like, at him. I stared, rubbed my eyes, stared a bit more, and then it hit me...

MEAT LOAF!!!

I noticed on his official website that he had performed in London the night before, so I'm 100% sure it was him.

He was sitting with a lady, but he didn't say one word to her. He just sat there, staring straight ahead, like a zombie. Was he tired from the previous night's performance? Hungover? Sleeping pills? Who knows? I guess selling over 70 million albums, appearing in a bunch of movies, and touring relentlessly is hard work.

...I wouldn't know.

But I'm happy to announce that the 13-month brush with celebrity drought is officially over!

2 comments:

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hehe.... Didn't even know the guy was still around.. Last time I noticed, he was playing CAVES!!! That was sometime in the 80s, I think!! How could Mrs. TBF even recognize that that was him, in fact?? Bravo for her... Hope you guys had a nice time... We go back to the Paris area tomorrow.. Had a great time here in the Southwest of France... I'm sure you guys would like it here... Ciao, Leesa

The Big Finn said...

Leesa - I noticed him. Not only is he still around, the truth is that he never left.