Wednesday, September 22, 2004

We were duped!

I forgot to mention in an earlier post, that Mrs. TBF and I watched an ABBA special on SKY last night. As some of you may or may not know, I am an ABBA fan (sorry dad, I know they're from Sweden). Considering all the hard rock and heavy metal music I listen to, Mrs. TBF thinks I'm absolutely insane for liking ABBA ("How can you like Rush, Yes, Muse, Linkin Park, and....ABBA?"). However, I still say that "Dancing Queen" is one of the greatest songs ever composed.
Anyway, I was flipping through the channels, and I found this ABBA reunion show was just beginning. Mrs. TBF wasn't too thrilled about it, but she was a real trooper and watched it with me anyway. I was immediately sucked in because they kept promising the first ABBA reunion since 1981 which was to take place in London after a showing of the musical "Mama Mia". Well, they kept teasing, and teasing, and building up the hype, throughout the 90-minute show. With about twenty minutes left in the program, Benni, Björn, and Anni-Frid had all arrived in London....and then....AGNETHA DID NOT SHOW UP!!!!!!!!!! How can this be?? This was an unmitigated OUTRAGE!!!!!! They teased us for almost the whole show, and then there was no pay-off!!!!!!! As it turns out, Agnetha is kind of a recluse, and she's afraid to fly. Anni-Frid basically just squeaked out a couple of "it's a pity"s and it's unfortunate"s, and then that was it! Shouldn't we have been told at the start of the show that it was going to be a 3/4-reunion. "ABB" didn't realize that "A" wasn't going to show up???? We stayed up until 11:30 p.m. for this???? Bastards!!!!

No comments: