Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Am I A Romantic, Or What?

Let me tell ya, I know romance. Afterall, who else but TBF would schedule a meeting with KPMG to have their taxes done...on VALENTINE'S DAY?
Mrs. TBF arrived a couple of minutes before the acccountant wearing a nice red sweater and a heart pendant. OK....OK...give me some credit...at least I was wearing a red t-shirt. After the accountant left our apartment, Mrs. TBF continued working from home.

"What's for dinner tonight?", Mrs. TBF queried from the office.
"Chicken...", I replied.
"Oh......" (silence)

OK...so chicken isn't the most romantic Valentine's dinner in the world. But...at least I was wearing a red t-shirt!

6 comments:

Ms Mac said...

She's a lucky gal!

The DP said...

but did you pull out the classic line of, "but every day is like Valentine's with me, dearest" ?

The Big Finn said...

DP-
I'll have to remember that one for next year.

Unknown said...

chicken was on the menu for us too.

CanadianSwiss said...

We ordered pizza. Mine came wrong and I by the time I received the right one, Orange had had dinner already and was working on a file. How's THAT for romantic! Lucky for him, I don't believe in Valentine's day because I knoe we'll catch up on it.

CanadianSwiss said...

Just for the form: It's not that I don't "believe" in Valentine's day, I just don't need a fixed date for it. Everyday's good for me :-)