Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Calm Before The Storm...


Mrs. TBF and I just spent a GREAT long-weekend in Spain celebrating my 45th birthday. We slept, ate breakfast (which I'm just going to be calling "bacon" from now on..."What's for bacon?"), soaked up the sun next to the pool for hours on end, watched beautiful sunsets, ate fantastic food for dinner, and then repeated the process. We came back very rested.

Now begins a very busy time...

I'm leaving for Chicago in about an hour to take care of some personal business I wasn't able to handle when I was there a few weeks ago, and I'll be returning to Basel next Monday. Mrs. TBF has big meetings this week, leaves for Singapore next Tuesday, and then goes to the U.S. the following week.

We won't see each other too much for the next couple of weeks. But at least there's a lot of time for us to see each other in the next 31+ years I am expected to live according to the online actuarial tables. Thirty-one years is a long time!

...isn't it?

7 comments:

Sal DeTraglia said...

Back to Chicago again?!

So...you want to turn this into a little competition, do you?

Alright, buddy. You're on!

Michael Lehet said...

Happy Birthday TBF!

We're having a party Saturday night if you're in town and looking for something fun to do!

CanadianSwiss said...

Yeah. Go ahead.... Rub it in ;) I remember the breakfasts (and the pools, the sunsets and dinners) there. Ahhh! Here's wishing you a belated Happy birthday... and at least 31 more!

When are you coming back from the US? Maybe we can have a sip to celebrate the 4-5???

Mark said...

Well TBF, a belate Happy Birthday on behalf of CS and me. As far as the 31+ years are concerned: we sure wish for you to have them and enjoy them! Cheers to you and Mrs. TBF :-)

Kirk said...

TBF, are you sure you really want to move back to the States some day? Because I'm not sure they'd allow you through immigration with white pants (or are they "manpris"?). Not to mention having to give up long weekends in Spain for long weekends in Wisconsin/Michigan/Indiana/Minnesota/Iowa...

The Big Finn said...

Sal - This is my sixth trip to Chicago this year. Top that!

Michael - Thanks for the invitation, but I think I'm just going to be staying out in the 'burbs this time.

CS & OX - Thanks. I'll be back next Monday.

Kirk - Those were actually white linen shorts (currently my favorite pants). I passed on the "manpris" this time. As far as moving back to the U.S. goes...
I'm figuring that since I've come to the U.S. six times this year, there's no reason why I couldn't just travel to Europe six times per year. Right?

J said...

Belated happy bday, TBF!

6 trip to the US in one year? I've been living overseas since 1998 and haven't been back that many times.