Friday, July 11, 2008

Thanks For NOTHING!

I checked the weather report yesterday morning, and the forecast called for nothing but sunshine with a ZERO percent chance of rain for yesterday and today; perfect BBQ weather!

Early this morning, I went to the store and picked up some scallops for the grill along with other groceries. After returning home, I went upstairs and watered the entire garden because it was hot and dry. Then, at lunchtime, I went and watered our friends' (who are out of town) garden. Deciding to enjoy the nice weather, I walked the mile or so home.

That was at 2:00 p.m.

Right now...

...it is absolutely POURING rain outside!

I'm talking an end-of-the-world type of thunderstorm.

Basel weather forecasters are USELESS!!!!!


Updated at 4:45 p.m.:

The storm is over. Our rooftop garden suffered no casualties. A tree fell into the street within view from our apartment, and the competent Swiss authorities were clearing it away with minutes with their chainsaws. I'm happy to report that the sun is shining as I type, and all appears to be well here in Basel.

For now.

1 comment:

The Sour Kraut said...

Same thing here. My plans to go to the horse races were ruined because of a nasty summer thunderstorm. I swear, I heard the weatherman say four separate times, "The air is too dry for any rain."