Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Has it been FIVE years already???

What was on everybody's mind five years ago this month? Y2K!!! I can't believe that it's been five years since the end of Western civilization was supposedly nigh. Were you one of the many who were buying back-up generators, stock piling drinking water and canned goods, etc. I have to admit that I did stock pile two gallons of drinking water, and I may have had a flashlight in a drawer with dead batteries in it. But, I never really bought into the hype. Sure, I had thought about buying a back-up generator, but it was more as a back-up to power outages caused by ice storms - not Y2K!
When you look back at it, it all seems pretty silly now. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are still laughing about what a killing they made off of gullible people during the Y2K scare. Although, at the time, I guess there was the general feeling that something COULD happen.
If you do a "Y2K" search on Yahoo or Google, all you find are a bunch of "dead" websites. It's old news....almost as if it never happened. I mean, when's the last time you actually even thought about Y2K?

No comments: