Saturday, September 02, 2006

Amalfi: Nashro Ashurro...um...winsh...hic!

It's not all fun and games here in Amalfi. NO! Sometimes we have to take a break from all things hedonistic to do some serious research. OK...I'll give you a second to stop laughing................TIME! I'm talking about the very scientific research I did the other night: side by side taste test of Nastro Azzurro and Peroni to finally see which one is really better. AND??? Nastro Azzurro...in a landslide!

My only slip-up was that I failed to notice when I was buying the bottles of beer that they were each 66cl bottles. That means, to all you Americans out there, that each bottle was about the equivalent of two American bottles of beer. I thought they felt a little big, but I guess the size really didn't register when I was buying them. By the time I was finishing the taste test, Mrs. TBF told me that I was slurring my speach a bit. That's when I turned the bottles around and blurted out: "HEEEEEYYYYY...sheesh bozzles are sissy sick dezzileezers eesh!"

I put the empties in the bin, relaxed on the bed for a few minutes, then we went out for dinner where we SHARED A BOTTLE OF WINE! Then, after the dinner, the waiter brought each of us a complimentary limoncello.

We slept well!

7 comments:

Mrs. TBF said...

I must admit...I didn't really remember the limoncello until TBF reminded me. And...I'm not the one that had two (4 really) beers before dinner.
Regarding sleeping well...wow...I am sleeping like a log here. Vacationing is exhausting!

Unknown said...

LOL - must be a hard life. ;-) P loved this post by the way. He loved your research TBF.

One question I've got is that which area do you like of Napoli. Is that area not as good as Amalfi? I had to check it all out on a map.. You know the one day when we go back to Europe to have it on my list of places to go.

The Big Finn said...

ET -
We have never stayed in Napoli (Naples). When we came to this area last year, the driver who met us at the airport and drove us to the port where we took a boat to Capri advised us to take off all our jewelry and stick it in our pockets until we were out of Naples.
Our neighbors stayed in Naples for one night a couple of years ago, and the staff at the hotel pretty much told them the same thing. Put it this way - Naples does not have a very good reputation for being a place where you can enjoy a leisurely stroll in the evening.
The Amalfi Coast is beautiful, safe, but fairly expensive (Paris prices). The people are very friendly, and the service levels are excellent. I would highly recommend staying in Positano or Amalfi, and then taking the boat to Capri for a day trip.

Barry said...

Glad to see you're putting in some hard work out there! Are you sure you're not Irish? On my side of things, apart from the Guinness I tried "Tell" last night, COOPs finest!

Anonymous said...

Some people find it hard to sleep properly when on vacation, good to see you found a way around that.
But really, your Finnish ancestors would look away in shame. Slurring after only two little beers? Pathetic... ;)

The Big Finn said...

Barry - Are you OK? Do I need to call an ambulence for you? Just don't try Wartek, whatever you do!
Do yourself a favor and just stick with the Guinness, or go with my favorite - 1664.

Tobias - älä sano mittään Suomalaisille...

The Big Finn said...

Sorry...ambulance...