Friday, September 01, 2006

Positano...

I just finished surgically removing the feed bag, it's late, and I'm tired. Therefore, I'm going to keep it short.

Yesterday, we spent the day in Positano. Getting there was easy - we hopped on a boat in Amalfi, and twenty minutes later we were in Positano. Here's a bit of advice: if you're out of shape - stay away from Positano. There's only one road that winds its way up the hill and about a zillion stairs. The only way to really explore the town is by climbing up...and up...and up, until you reach a scenic overlook. So, it's definitely not a place to visit, as I said, if you're out of shape, have to push a baby around in a stroller, or don't like to hear people complain about how many stairs there are or how much they're sweating.

I found it interesting that while Amalfi seems to be teeming with Americans, Positano seems to be overrrun with lobster-red, sunburned Brits. Hmmm, Brits...maybe that's why I heard so much complaining going on.

4 comments:

The Sour Kraut said...

That's a great picture. Positano looks beautiful. You two look fabulous as well!

Unknown said...

WOW! Now that's a pic.

Gretchen said...

I suppose that comment about having to push a baby around in a stroller would apply to us. I guess that means we won't be visitng Positano on our upcoming Italy trip. Thanks for the advice!

The Big Finn said...

Gretchen - Positano is really nice, and you COULD do it with the stroller. However, it would be A LOT of work. You could definitely see part of the town, but you'd have to be world-class athletes to get the stroller up to the point where we took the picture.
I think Capri would be a much better bet for you - very few stairs.