Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday Flashback: Aloha, Oy Vey!!!!

As a little added incentive to lose the weight I gained in Chicago last week, I'm posting a picture from November, 1997 when Mrs. TBF and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary with a two-week Hawai'ian vacation.

TBF's weight at the start of the vacation: 250 lbs./113.6 kilos.

TBF's weight at the end of the two-week vacation: 270 lbs./122.7 kilos.

DAMN those buffet breakfasts, Thanksgiving buffets, and luaus!!! Sure, it all tasted great (except for the Bud Light which was the only beer available and is, in my opinion, the worst beer of all time!...but I drank it anyway!), but it wasn't worth the IBS, indigestion, profuse sweating, sore feet, and sore knees. Would you just look at those chubby cheeks, and the amount of food on my plate???

I eventually topped out at 275 lbs./125 kilos before I dropped back to 250 lbs. - where I remained for many years. Now, I generally keep my weight under 215 lbs. (except for little lapses here and there when we travel).

It's hard for me to look at these old pictures, because I just can't believe that I let myself go like this. Sad!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For what it is worth, I prefer my FINN Big, not lanky. Eat something for God's sake!

CanadianSwiss said...

TBF, I think you look much better now. You can still eat a lot and make exceptions. See it this way: Now you treat yourself to "pigging-out". It's like Christmas every time you travel... And no one I know has Christmas as often as you do! ;-)

The Big Finn said...

TMS - I ate. Believe me, I ATE. Sorry, but I'm going to be staying with the lanky (I like that!) look.

Anonymous said...

You see, of course everyone else is going to care about your health looks etc... But I remember the passion and pure unbridled joy you experienced as you wolfed down burger after burger or sausage after sausage or pancake after pancake...............

Kirk said...

I'm guessing you don't wear that shirt much anymore these days...

Unknown said...

All I can say is that you look great and thank goodness for eliptical machines...

I definitely think keeping the weight off makes you look even younger...

I'm waiting for this beard photo!