Sunday, November 26, 2006

Meet The Bloggers World Tour - 2006: Geneva

Oh...by the way...a belated Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans out there in bloggerland. I woke up in Nyon this past Thursday morning (tagged along with Mrs. TBF on an overnight business trip), turned on CNN, saw that the markets were going to be closed, wondered why, ....and then wished Mrs. TBF a Happy Thanksgiving as she walked out of the bathroom in her post-shower, all-wrapped-up-in-towels splendor. "Oh yeah," she said, "...I forgot."

That's Thanksgiving in Europe for you - just another day. Well, maybe just another day for her because of the fact that she had to spend the day slaving away at the office. However, Thursday ended up being a special day for yours truly. You see - I
met not one...but two fellow bloggers in a matter of a couple of hours. I've now met half a dozen bloggers, whom I had not known before blogging, face-to-face.

The first meeting ever with our fellow bloggers was with The Expatters on January 21, 2005. However, here are the dates from "Meet The Bloggers World Tour - 2006" in case you're thinking of having black concert t-shirts printed with the dates on the back:

Barry - September 27, 2006: Basel, Switzerland

Michael - November 4, 2006: Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.

...guess who? - November 23, 2006: Geneva, Switzerland

Sara - November 23, 2006: Geneva, Switzerland

That's right, folks! I met two very nice bloggers on one day. I met "mystery blogger" for a quick coffee, and I met Sara for lunch. Sara and I lunched on roasted chicken, so it was almost like having a Thanksgiving meal.

Three bloggers in one month! Who's next?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so when is the mystery blogger revealed? Although I suspect I know who it is! And he/she's not sayin' either!

The Big Finn said...

ms mac - Go ahead and guess. I'll tell you if you're right. BTW...a blogger "summit" is being planned for January in Basel. Stay tuned...

Ms Mac said...

I think you may have met up with the Dictator Princess! Go on, I'm right aren't I? What part of your wardrobe are you going to send me this time? ;-)

The Big Finn said...

ms mac - DINGALINGALINGALINGALING! You are CORRECT!!! Prize? Did I say something about a prize? Well, I guess I'll have to come up with something...one of these days.

Unknown said...

I think ms mac is super good at guessing... I'd hav4e to go down the list and start thinking.

Great you met so many in so little time....

Ah a meet up in Basel..... Sounds like fun.

CanadianSwiss said...

I've been trying to post but without success. Here's another try.

What is it I hear/read?!!? A blogger summit in Basel in January?? I hope it's after the 6th!

The DP said...

Gotta hook Ms Mac up with some of those pine sap or pine tar or whatever they are bonbons. I have to hide them from my MIL, they are deep within my purse...