Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Paris: Two-Thirds Of The Devil...

That's what Mrs. TBF calls our favorite room at the Lancaster - room 66.

We determined that this was our sixth stay at the Lancaster (Wait a second...sixth stay?...room 66?...666?...oh dear!), and the staff have been very, VERY kind to us. Sure, there are many other very nice, luxurious hotels around Paris - Ritz, George V (Dear American Tourists: FYI...it's George "sank", not George "vee"!), Hotel de Crillon, etc., but we feel that we've found a good thing at the Lancaster and we've stuck with them. As a matter of fact, we've never stayed anywhere else in Paris. So, we can't really give you a comparison. However, we love the friendliness of the staff, the non-pompous elegance, the location just off of the Champs Élysées, and the fact that they pretty much always upgrade us. I guess our loyalty has paid off.

Anyway, we first stayed in room 66 about a year ago. If you'll remember, it was about a year ago that all the car-fires were taking place outside of Paris, and A LOT of tourists felt the need to cancel their reservations. We didn't, and we were "rewarded" with a nice upgrade to a one-bedroom, two-bathroom, suite (room 66). Yes, a nice upgrade indeed since the room normally goes for 790 Euros/night.

Now, we were once upgraded to the biggest suite at the hotel. And, while it was pretty impressive, we actually liked room 66 better. It's cozier, we like the layout, and we like the decor (pictures HERE). Unfortunately, we forgot to write down the room number when we stayed there a year ago, and, for the life of us, we couldn't remember it. So, when the hostess showed us to our room, we knew immediately as we came off the elevator that it was THE room we had stayed in the previous year. TBF and Mrs. TBF: HAPPY!!!

We unpacked and put away our stuff, and then jumped into what I think is possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in...in my ENTIRE LIFE!!! I don't know what it is. The mattress? The sheets? I'm telling you, my head hitting the pillow is followed by hibernation from which I don't emerge until I hear Mrs. TBF's mobile phone alarm go off...for the second or third time. God...I LOVE THAT BED...oh oh..gettin' frisky.

Where's that 'Do Not Disturb' sign?

3 comments:

Michael Lehet said...

That's a great room....and if I didn't know better I would think you had your own staff photographer on the payroll!

Unknown said...

love michaels comment... LOL..

But it just boggles my mind it's been a year since you that last photo... But then again, I had to look at the date on the car insurance today too...

time flies....

Lovely photo..

CanadianSwiss said...

Looks like a great hotel. Since you have the "do not disturb" sign up, I'll leave you to alone ;-)