Monday, January 07, 2008

Epiphany...

The Christmas season is officially over!!!

No more decorations!!! No more Christmas music!!! Stop buying wooden toys and ornaments that you think are better than non-wooden toys that...were made in China!!! Immediately!!!

Yesterday was Epiphany (a.k.a Three Kings Day). Do you know how I know? I asked Mrs. TBF, of course.

TBF: (yesterday) Isn't today the last day to turn on the Christmas lights? What's it called?

Mrs. TBF: Three Kings Day!

TBF: Oh.


As you can probably tell, I'm not the most religious person in world by any means, so I had to rely on Mrs. TBF for the info. Her mom will be happy to know that all those years of private Catholic education didn't go to waste. I even went so far as to Google "Three Kings Day" because I thought I remembered that it was called something else. Ah yes...Epiphany!

Now I know!

We actually took down the Christmas tree on New Year's Day. It was cut into small pieces and put into our rooftop storage room where it is waiting to be burned in the rooftop fireplace as soon as the weather gets a little better. Also on New Year's Day, we took down all the Christmas decorations and boxed them up. All the Christmas decorations, that is, but one. Yes, we left up our little Christmas tree light that hangs on one of our windows so that we could have just the tiniest bit of Christmas cheer until Three Kings Day.

Yesterday: Three Kings Day. The Christmas tree light was shining in all its glory.

Today: the little Christmas tree light is in its box where it will be until late-November.

Yes, Christmas is officially over. However, I'll leave you with one more Christmas image that will, hopefully, carry you through until Christmas 2008...

King was so inspired by the little Christmas tree light, that he decided to create his own little version. His canvas: the litter box. His medium: cat pee.

Behold, the cat pee Christmas tree.

Let me just say....before you decide to make the pilgrimage to our apartment to view the sacred cat pee Christmas tree...

Stay at home! I already threw it out!

6 comments:

christina said...

Oh man - You could have auctioned that off at eBay and made a fortune!

I'm hard at work today putting away all the Christmas crap 'cause I can't stand looking at it for one more minute.

Happy New Year, TBFs!

Kirk said...

I always liked Three Kings Day because we would buy one of those loaves of bread from Sutter with the crown on it and a little plastic king baked into the bread. A couple of times I found the king, which was supposed to make me king of the house for the day. Alas, Gretchen let me wear the crown but wasn't otherwise interested in catering to the king's every whim...

Jay said...

Well I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I respect your decision to throw out the old cat pee.

Dale the Cat said...

Hey Kinger. Great job there! How could you let him throw a masterpiece like that out?!

Ya know, you and me should get together for some kitty-litter art >^^<

Michael Lehet said...

Damn - Not First!

I had an epiphany the other day - I don't like the gym!

The Sour Kraut said...

Three Kings Day...The Epiphany...

Our wedding anniversary.