Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Brain Thaws...

I've been suffering from my usual jet lag after returning from Chicago. On Saturday night/Sunday morning, I went to bed around 5 a.m. On Sunday evening, I was feeling tired at around 7 p.m. Yesterday morning, I was pretty comatose when Mrs. TBF woke me up. Today? Better, but still not normal.

So what's been going on since last week? Well...

O'Hare Airport in Chicago now has an extra runway. Somebody told me that the flights have been much more on time since this runway opened a couple of months ago. My flight? It left the gate precisely on time. Go O'Hare!!

Oh...and another thing about O'Hare: The BA lounge has Fritos!!! There were four bags in the basket when I spotted them. I grabbed them all and threw them into my carry-on bag. Screw the other passengers! They were mostly British anyway: they don't know what Fritos are.

Heathrow: Terminal 5 is great!! This was the first time I had actually landed at T5 and departed from T5. And, I'm happy to report that I enjoyed a flawless travel experience. The flights were totally on time, and, more importantly, all my bags made it home without delay.

Speaking of bags...
I just finished unpacking my bags yesterday, and what a collection of random objects they did contain. For example: a box for Mrs. TBF containing 48 tennis balls. Why, you ask? Well, that would be because a sleeve of 4 tennis balls costs CHF 24/$20 in Basel, and the box of 48 tennis balls from Costco in Lake Zurich, Illinois costs $30. Even if you add in the Illinois sales tax, the tennis balls in Switzerland are 7 TIMES more expensive than the U.S. tennis balls. Why is that?

We came home on Friday (Mrs. TBF had been in Singapore) to a big wet spot in the ceiling of our master bathroom. You know...the one that was repaired a few months ago!!! We're kind of taking the not-our-problem approach to it right now. The landlord can take care of it after we move (reminder: no later than October 6, 2010!) There's NO WAY I'm putting up with that mess again!

I tried to catch up on reading all the blogs in my Google reader blog roster, but there were literally hundreds of them to read. Screw it! I just marked all of them as read. Sorry about that.

Hey! People speak Swiss-German here! I forgot about that one. It sure makes life somewhat more complicated.

The elliptical trainer at my gym can be my friend, and it can be my enemy. Right now, it's my enemy!

My attention span has ceased to exist. Good bye!

1 comment:

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hey Good!! Welcome back to Europe!! Hehe... Glad you had a good time! --Leesa