Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Early Thanksgiving Cravings...

We're down to the last few hours of Pippin's stay at our house. She's a really, REALLY good dog, and I'll be kind of sad to see her go. There is, however, one strange thing I've discovered about her.

She smells exactly like homemade turkey soup.

It's not a strong smell. But when you stick your nose into the back of her neck and take a whiff, you definitely get the smell of turkey soup that you've made using the Thanksgiving turkey carcass.

Oh, and remember how I said that we just let her sleep on our bed rather than telling her to sleep in her crate? It turns out that her favorite place to sleep is wedged right in between our pillows. Now my pillow smells...that's right...exactly like turkey soup.

I woke up this morning with Thanksgiving on my mind. Lucky for us, we're going to our friends' home for an early Thanksgiving dinner this weekend.

Can't wait! GOTTA wait! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol - that is very funny! I don't think we will celebrate at all here seeing we already did Canadian TG...

And by the way...
TBF - If I keep training and plan on swimming it at least 1 or 2 more times, then that could be a good goal.. It would actually be a nice one and a great goal and challenge from you! It's nearly only 2.5 secs per 100m that I have to go faster.. Not all that hard...

Michael Lehet said...

I love your tag "dogs that smell like soup" I bet there aren't a lot of tags out there like that!

But hey at least it's Turkey Soup and not something gross like Split Pea!

And yeah, why is that animals LOVE to sleep on pillows. When The Pussy sleeps with me he's got to sleep right on the pillow!?!? What's up with that?

CanadianSwiss said...

After reading yout last sentence, maybe it's better that Pippin going back home. God only know what you'd do to her in that turkey craving state. We don't want you to start getting hallucinations and thinking she IS the turkey!!

The Big Finn said...

et - Exactly as I planned!

michael - Any grandma out there'll tell ya: Pussy is trying to steal your breath!

cs -I've also told Mrs. TBF that Pippin reminds me of a big meatloaf!

islandgirl4ever2 said...

HOW FUNNY!! That's for the laugh!! I can't even think of what turkey soup smells like, but the other day something smelled like Thanksgiving ... I don't remember what, exactly.... but it did... I'm going to do Thanksgiving at a friends with Alex on Turkey Day... Then... I'm gonna bravely do it ALL again in a large way on Dec 7!!!
Take care TBF and Mrs.TBF and have a happy TURKEY DAY.... Gobble- gobble!!!!