Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fending For Myself...

Mrs. TBF and I buy our eggs from a local farm. We walk there (a couple of miles), pick out our organic eggs, drop the money into the mailbox, Mrs. TBF says "...thanks, girls!", and then we walk back home.

Aren't we just the greenest people you know? I mean, no car, walking to a local farm to buy organic eggs...

OK...I guess we're not really that green. But, we're trying!

So the best thing about these (in my opinion, overpriced) eggs is that Mrs. TBF uses them to make me an omelet every Sunday morning. Let me correct that: every Sunday morning when she is here.

This morning? She was in Chicago.

It's been a long time since I actually had to make an omelet myself on Sunday morning, but I managed...

...somehow!

It wasn't half-bad, but it definitely wasn't as good as the ones Mrs. TBF makes for me. Also, I didn't even think about the bacon (in the freezer) until the first forkful of omelet was in my mouth. So disorganized!

Mrs. TBF will return around 11:30 a.m. next Sunday morning. Would it be wrong of me to ask her to make me an omelet as soon as she gets home?

Um...thought so.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this will be one thing you miss once you move from Switzerland.

The Big Finn said...

et - Do you mean the walking to the farm to buy overpriced eggs thing? Are you kidding? I CAN'T WAIT until it's no longer an option!

Mrs. TBF said...

Dear TBF,
I would be happy to make you an omelet on Sunday morning when I return!!! Just take the bacon out of the freezer before you leave for the airport and it will be ready to go.
XOXOXO