Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Exactly on time. How Swiss!

Our washing machine broke again, and I had to arrange for a repairman to come out and fix it. He called me this morning at about 7:45 a.m. to tell me that he would be at our house at 11:00 a.m.
At precisely 11:00 a.m., I looked out the window and saw the repairman walking toward our front door. When I opened the door, I heard a church bell ringing in the distance to signal the top of the hour. The repairman took a quick look at the machine and told me it would take about an hour to fix.
I did a couple of things around the house, and at 12:00 he called out to me to let me know that he was done. I thanked him, opened the front door to let him out, and I heard the same church bell ringing again....noon!
I'm sure he probably went to his truck, ate his lunch, drove to his next appointment, and arrived there..exactly on time.

No comments: