Thursday, October 07, 2004

What's with all the construction?

Over the past few months, I've noticed that the Basel area has become inundated with road construction. I'm not liking it!
This morning, I drove Mrs. TBF to Basel Airport for her flight to Paris. When we made it to a roundabout that's right by the airport, we saw that it was blocked off. There was no warning or anything - just a dead end. I had to circumnavigate, and I eventually made it to the airport at 6:58 a.m. for her 7:30 a.m. flight. She left a message at 7:04 a.m. to tell me that she was checked in and standing at the gate (I guess that's the advantage of Basel Airport being kind of on the small side). She just called (9:05 a.m.) from the baggage claim in Paris to let me know she arrived.
Tomorrow, I'm going to fly out to Paris to meet up with her for a little weekend trip. We've been to Paris a couple of times, but there's still so much we haven't seen. We have a couple of things planned, but nothing etched in stone. All I know for certain is that we are staying at Hotel Lancaster and eating dinner on Friday evening at a bistro called Le Severo that I read about in a restaurant review in the International Herald Tribune. It sounds like it's right up my alley (meat, meat, and more meat!), and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll report on the weekend adventure later.

No comments: