Tuesday, March 14, 2006

On This Day (Mrs. TBF: Don't Read This At Work!)...

I subscribe to a daily e-mail from reference.com. It's one of those "On This Day" type of e-mails which satisfies my daily need for useless trivia. You know the type...events/births/deaths that happened on this day in history.

Today's e-mail is missing a major event in our lives that happened one year ago today. It was the saddest day of my life - the day our beautiful dog Dominique went to heaven.
I'm keeping this post short because I don't want my tears to short-circuit the laptop. We'll always have her remains and about a zillion great memories.

Time heals all wounds - still waiting!

5 comments:

CanadianSwiss said...

Awww. I remember her so well. Such a sweet dog. I feel the same about Chip (Dale's sister), so I understand. I'm sure she's very haapy and playing with other dogs in puppy heaven.

Unknown said...

I've gotten over my dog finally but I do feel sensitive and it's been about 7 years since his passing. He was my absolute buddy that loved me unconditionally and always made me feel better when I was sad. Yeah I guess it's just A LOT of time....

Tati said...

That is the day I dread the most.

I am sure that Dominiqe knew just how much she was loved.

Gretchen said...

I'm still so sad that I never met her. But somehow I feel like I know her! Remember you're welcome to come play with Grady whenever you (or Mrs TBF) need a dog fix (and some sassy barks).

Ms Mac said...

Awww, poor puppy! Sorry.