Monday, March 20, 2006

While Mrs. TBF is Away...

...TBF does whatever the Hell he wants!!!

Mrs. TBF is in...get this...Monte Carlo for four days for a bunch of meetings. PUH-LEEEEEEEZ!!! We actually talked about me going along on this trip, but since I'm not much of a gambler (the last time I was there I lost 200 Euros in about the first 14 seconds of gambling!), AND since there's not really much else to do in Monte Carlo in March, I decided to stay at home. Besides, we're going to be leaving for Siena this Friday and King thought it might be nice if we didn't both abandon him again for days on end like we tend to do from time to time. So this evening, I celebrated my four days of bachelorhood by making 2112 chicken.
Huh???
Well...2112 chicken is a staple in our household. I make it just about every week. I call it 2112 chicken because you sprinkle chicken breasts with black pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder, throw it into a 190˚C oven for 21 minutes, turn it over, sprinkle the other side with the aforementioned spices, and bake it for 12 minutes more. After much experimentation, I found that the 21-12 combination was the perfect combo - tender and juicy chicken every...damn...time! I guarantee it!
While Mrs. TBF likes the chicken, she hates that I call it 2112 chicken. You see, "2112" (in case you're not into Canadian rock trivia) is the name of the 1976 masterwork album by the Canadian power trio - Rush.
Mrs. TBF HATES Rush!!!
As a matter of fact, if Rush comes up on the iPod during dinner (we just shuffle the songs), I pretty much have to lunge for the remote control to keep Mrs. TBF from switching to the next song. Come on...is "By-Tor and the Snow Dog" really such bad dinner music? Come on!
So while Mrs. TBF enjoys some hoity-toity business dinner in Monte Carlo, yours truly was enjoying 2112 chicken while...listening to the entire "2112" album. Then, I listened to a live version of "2112". But that's not all...
I used LOADS of garlic powder. Yeah, that's right! And, there's nothing she can do about it!!! Normally, Mrs. TBF's iron fist slams down hard when it comes to garlic powder during the week (What kind of Italian is she for Cris'sake?..). But, since she's gone...I'm gonna smell like a whole head of garlic if I damn well please!
What else...oh yeah...tomorrow, I'm going to...play drums on the steering wheel and dash board while I drive around. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...goin' ape-shit here!!!
You know what? That last thought just inspired me to go slip my "Rush in Rio" DVD into the trusty DVD player and watch the Neil Peart drum solo a few times.
It's midnight...and NOBODY CAN STOP ME!!!
HA! Ha, haha! Hahahahahahahahahahaha, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

9 comments:

Tati said...

Oh my.
Are you going to be allright? ;-)

Mrs. TBF said...

Oh dear...I think TBF has finally gone over the deep end - that mad laughter has me both amused and concerned.

The Big Finn said...

I think I need some supervision.
...too much coffee last night - I finally fell asleep after 4 a.m., and I just woke up 10 minutes ago!

CanadianSwiss said...

That chicken 2112 sounds great. Typical reaction of an overdose of garlic powder! Geez. I wanted to drop off the "Il Divo" DVD for Mrs. TBF. I think I'll wait until she's back.

Unknown said...

Haha - yes that 2112 chicken does sound good. I'm always concerned on how long I cook my chicken so I'm going to follow your advise next time and see if it turns out great...

That's handy you named it 2112 by the way. I like rush so I wouldn't mind listening along...

Bobby The C said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Big Finn said...

Medium Swede -
I prefer that you don't use our real names when posting comments on the blog. Thanks.

Mark said...

"You're the devil in disguise", laughing, eating garlic and f**ting afterwards. Who pulls your finger now? :-)

Michael Lehet said...

Ain't it great being an adult?