Thursday, March 30, 2006

Well, Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse Me!

So I'm standing in the Duomo in Siena, Italy minding my own business...
I set up my camera with the Gorilla Pod to take a low-light picture without a flash since flash pictures were forbidden. Unfortunately, I didn't notice on the sign that tripods were also forbidden. I set up the pod on a marble column, snapped the panoramic view of the church, and then this total bitch-a-rini came over and started ranting something about "no tripods...no tripods!!!!" "I'm not using my flash!", I said. "No tripods...NO TRIPODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" What the Hell is that??? I'm only allowed to take pictures in dim lighting, without a flash, and without a tripod??? In other words, I'm only allowed to take pictures that will end up being blurry?
Well fine! You say NO TRIPOD!!!!??? Then, no tripod it will be!
I took off the tripod, set the camera flat on it's back, and took a picture of the dome!
That'll show that strunzoni!

6 comments:

Sal DeTraglia said...

Perhaps she thought it resembled Satan's trident a bit too much.

And/or...

The whole tripod thingee lent itself to a double entendre of questionable moral righteousness.

And/or...

She was afraid that your true intention in using the tripod was to take upskirt shots of unsuspecting passersby.

And/or...

She just plain doesn't like guys with soul patches.

CanadianSwiss said...

But it's a GORILLA POD, not a nrmal tripod. You should have made that clear to her. ;-) Great shots anyway.

Gretchen said...

We have got to get a Gorilla Pod... Remind us where you ordered yours from?

Unknown said...

yeah I'd like to know that info myself - I need to find a gorilla pod too for that big @#$ camera of mine...

Michael Lehet said...

That's my philosophy as well....I'll take pictures until someone tells me to stop and then I'll play blonde.

Check out this SITE for a great alternative to a tripod.

The Big Finn said...

To all who are interested...
Michael originally gave me the tip on the Gorilla Pod. You can buy one at www.gorillapod.com.