Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday Flashback: Hey Jude...

Hey Jude just came up on the shuffle songs mode of my...ummm...our iPod, and it reminded me of this hilarious recording I first heard on Chicago radio in the 90s.
Apparently, somebody in the sound booth of a Paul McCartney/Wings concert isolated Linda McCartney's mic while she was singing Hey Jude, and recorded it!

I remember EXACTLY where I was when I heard it. I was driving north along Route 53 right by Woodfield Shopping Center on my way home at about 4:15 p.m. (I'm pretty sure it was late summer) from making a sales call (actually, I had just finished a one-hour swim at my health club that was in my sales territory), and this recording made me laugh so hard that I had tears just squirting out of my eyes to the point that I worried that I was going to crash my car. Well...not too worried...it was a company car, afterall.

Here's Linda McCartney singing Hey Jude. Enjoy!

3 comments:

CanadianSwiss said...

That was hillarious, but...Ouch! My ears!!! That's reason enough to crach a car anytime.

Bobby The C said...

I remember hearing that for the first time on Steve Dahl's radio show back in the late 80s. I almost soiled myself laughing so hard. However, you've got to hand it to him, the guy loved his wife so much he let her ruin his song.

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of the Beatles but not a huge admirer of Paul McCartney the person, and I think that if he really loved her, he wouldn't have pushed her on stage when she obviously had no talent for it.