Thursday, August 17, 2006

TBF NEWS FLASH: American Aadvantage Outraage Laasts One Daay!

Ok, so I caved...

I suddenly remembered that my parents are going to be flying to Basel from Chicago in mid-October. That got me to thinking: How about booking my flight so that I'm on the same plane with the Ps when they fly back to Chicago? So, that's what I did. We're on the same flights from Basel to London, and London to Chicago. I even went so far as to book the seat right across the aisle from my parents for the London-Chicago flight (aren't I a good son?). Sure, I'll be in coach. But, at least I'll be sitting next to somebody I know (on one side, that is).

While I had Aadvantage on the phone, I also managed to switch my parents' seats for their flight from Chicago to London. They had been assigned the seats right by the lavatories which totally suck. I mean, who likes to have ass in their face for an entire overseas flight (or ever, for that matter)? The smell, the noise, plus the seats don't recline all the way. How did I know all this? SeatGuru, that's how!

I'll arrive in Chicago on October 30th, and I'll leave on November 7th. I'm waitlisted for a Business Class upgrade on the 7th, and I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it comes through. Flying from Europe to North America in Coach isn't bad because I don't need to sleep. Flying back to Europe in Coach totally blows. I'm serious...if I have to fly Coach on the way back to Europe I'll be crabby and jet-lagged for a month. Hopefully, American will come through for me with the upgrade. Believe me...it's for Mrs. TBF's sake...not mine.

Hey American Aadvantage...sorry about what I said yesterday. You guys KICK AASS!!!

4 comments:

Colon Blow said...

Shall I prepare a room for you, my lord?

The Big Finn said...

Yes...
Dates to be determined at a future time!

Michael Lehet said...

If we have our housewarming party that weekend, you'll have to come into the city!

The Big Finn said...

Michael - Sounds good to me!