Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Gardener Is Off-Duty...

As I type, we are having our first rain in Basel in weeks. It's a good soaking rain, and this is good news for me because I am currently in charge of watering two gardens for people who are away on vacation. Add this responsibility onto the watering of our garden, and we're looking at a couple of hours of watering per day.
Now, don't get me wrong. I don't mind helping out my friends. But, wouldn't you know it that the day they all left pretty much coincided with the day the rain stopped and the temperature soared? Bad luck!
But, today's different. Mother nature took care of the gardens today. I just walked up to The Fishbowl to check on the rain. And, of course, you guessed it...as I set one foot out the door, Bruno was standing on his balcony looking directly at me, holding his arms up in the air, and motioning for the rain to keep on comin'. I gave him the thumbs up, looked upward, and realized that there were about ten other people on various balconies looking down at me. I just turned around and went back in think about what I was going to do with all the extra time...IN PRIVATE!
Maybe the gym...maybe some shopping...decisions, DECISIONS!

9 comments:

Mrs. TBF said...

You are one popular guy!
Glad to hear the rain made it all the way there - according to my work colleagues the rain at the airport did not get as far as our office. To fill in - I landed this AM at Basel airport and it was pouring. I went straight to the office and it was sunny - the office is less than 10 minutes from the airport. Weird.

Bobby The C said...

You seem to attract voyeurs. Some time you should blog about your old next door neighbor in Wheeling who used to love to watch you swim. I seem to recall him wondering how something would taste?

CanadianSwiss said...

We had nothing but cloudy weather, but no rain. Really strange. Welcome to the region!

Anonymous said...

TBF,

You are sounding a little paranoid about Bruno and the rest of the peanut gallery. From what I remember, you are directly in their line of sight and they in yours. Bruno aside (he does seem to be fascinated with you), your neighbors are facing toward you, but are they really looking at YOU? Everytime you face toward their direction, are you looking at THEM? Maybe everyone in your building is watching Bruno and everybody in his buiding is watching you...that makes you and Bruno the most interesting guys in each building! Hmm...not good...that puts you and Bruno in the same league. Sorry.

-Perry

Unknown said...

Ah - I'd be out shopping and enjoying myself... especially in Basel... Sorry just daydreaming again.

The Big Finn said...

TMS - In my own time...

Perry - Open your own account so that you don't have to comment as Anonymous...

ET - I'm sorry...I don't quite follow your logic...

Unknown said...

LOL - Sorry I never have any logic... I'd still be out in the rain because I love being outdoors, or inside doing shopping avoiding the rain...

Sara said...

Send some of that rain over to us in Geneva, the thunderstorms woke me up last night, but they didnt come with any rain!

Bobby The C said...

How dare you! Your own time?! How dare you!