Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jinxed!

Everything was going along smoothly. Then, last weekend, I uttered those dreaded words:

"You know what? I may be jinxing us here, but... this is the first year in as long as I can remember that I haven't had a cold or the flu by this time of the year!"

A few days later?

You guessed it. I woke up last Monday with the sniffles. It wasn't too bad: just a really runny nose that has lasted about a week. I haven't even had that bad of a cough, and no sore throat at all. In fact, I can't even claim it as a proper man-cold!

Now that I'm getting over my cold, Mrs. TBF has come down with some horrific stomach ailment. Last night, she had to get up every couple of hours to visit the "library".

Maybe I'll change my tactics:

"You know what? I may be jinxing us here, but... we have yet to win the Euro Millions Lotto!"

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Reverse psychology never works on these things I have found ;-)

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hahahaha! That last sentence made me laugh, TBF!!!

Thanks a lot, by the way... for jinxing the weather... I thought we were out of the cold front but NOOOOO this morning was FREEZING and as I was leaving the gym... teeny tiny snowflakes were a fallin'!!
Oh well.. back to glacial cold! It's bone chillin' cold, I tell ya!!!
Hope you are both feeling better soon...
Leesa

CanadianSwiss said...

I hope you're over it and that the Mrs. is feeling better.

I hope that your last sentence works as well as it did with the flu!