Thursday, March 03, 2005

Snowtime!!!

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll know that a few days ago I made a rare stop at a local McDonalds and sampled the Rösti Special - a culinary masterpiece! It's one of three Snowtime! specials that McDonalds of Switzerland is currently offering.
Today, the autopilot on my car suddenly took me against my will into the Münchenstein McDonalds McDrive, and I was forced to order this week's Snowtime! special - the Triple Cheese. By the way, I love going through the McDrive in Switzerland. I order in German, but I say the names of the things (Big Mac, cheeseburger, etc.) with an American accent instead of a Swiss accent which results in massive confusion for the order taker. I'll say: Ich möchte ein Big Mac. And then I'll hear the McEmployee say something like: "BEEEK MOCK??"
Getting back to the Triple Cheese ("TREEEPIL CHEEESS?)...
As the name implies, the Triple Cheese is a burger with three types of cheese, plus some kind of gooey fondue sauce on a cheesy-baked bun. The verdict? It was good, but not even in the same league as the McRösti.
Next week's special is the "Fondue Special". I think I'll have to give it a try. Then, the Rösti Special comes back for an encore performance from March 14th - 20th. Mrs. TBF's mom arrives from Chicago on March 17th. I can think of no better jet-lag food than the Rösti Special small menu (Value Meal) for my Schwiegermutter. I guess it's a good thing I began stocking up on the prune juice today.

No comments: