Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back To Normal...

Almost!

I feel as if I've had no routine for about a month. First, I was in Chicago for a week. Then, the bro-in-law and sis-in-law came for a two week visit, during which time we went to Italy. Yesterday was a holiday, and today was the day when everything was supposed to get back to normal, but...

...the workers showed up this morning to fix our bathroom ceilings.

We live on the top floor of a five-story building with a flat roof. Right after moving in, I noticed that the ceilings in two of the bathrooms didn't look quite right. Fortunately, I noted these problems on our "things-that-are-wrong-with-the-apartment" list. The management company came out to investigate and found that I was indeed correct: the ceilings in our bathroom were faulty. More specifically, the moisture barrier was failing and would have to be replaced. The lady from the management office said we could have it fixed (for free) whenever we wanted.

We decided to wait a bit (it ended up being three years) to see how bad of a problem it actually was. Recently, "we" (um...Mrs. TBF) decided we couldn't take it anymore, and I made an appointment to have the ceilings repaired.

Right now, as I type, a man is scraping away in one of our bathrooms. Our main bathroom is already in a state of rubble. The good news is that we have a third bathroom. The bad news is that it only has a bathtub with a hand-held shower, so Mrs. TBF is going to have to take a bath instead of a shower before work this week. It's really no big deal for me because I usually shower at the gym anyway.

King doesn't care one way or another. For him, it'll just be business as usual...

...tongue bath.

2 comments:

Jul said...

Perhaps Mrs. TBF would also enjoy a tongue bath?

Mrs. TBF said...

Jul - you're so naughty!