Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mrs. TBF To The Rescue....

...again!

I'm happy to report that the "issues" concerning my Chicago itinerary have been resolved.

To make a long story short...

I tell Mrs. TBF that it will cost over CHF 1,000 to change my itinerary so that I can leave Chicago on October 28th instead of the 25th...

Mrs. TBF calls her special-double-secret-probabtion, Executive Club Gold/Platinum/any other precious metals phone number and speaks with a representative...

Mrs. TBF has "words" with said representative and asks to speak with her manager...

Unlike the underling, the manager THINKS OUTSIDE THE BOX and says "...let's see if there's something else we can do."

Instead of paying CHF 1,096/"nothing else we can do" to switch my return flight from Chicago, the manager says Mrs. TBF can use 25,000 miles to upgrade me from Business Class to First Class, plus no change fee.

TBF is happy he gets to stay in Chicago an extra three days, and, more importantly for British Airways...

Mrs. TBF is happy!

3 comments:

islandgirl4ever2 said...

WOW NOW BROWN COW!! That's impressive! Wish that Mrs. TBF could have done that for me to help me gain an extra week in Cali. this summer... PLUS first class!!
My GOD! I just now realized that you already had a ticket in Business... SOOOOO jealous!!! I was on BA r/t to Paris/LAX this summer!!!

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hey... Does MRS TBF get to ride first class now, too??? I hope so, otherwise, you guys won't be sitting next to each other!

The Big Finn said...

Leesa - It's complicated. We were supposed to return from Chicago together on Sunday evening. However, she now has to return to NJ on Sunday evening for business. I will now leave Chicago, and she will leave NJ, on Wednesday evening. We'll then meet up at Heathrow on Thursday morning and fly back to Basel together. Awwww... We will, however, be sitting together on the flight on the way to the U.S. Awwww...