Monday, July 18, 2005

Wish Me Luck!

I'm about to go to the gym for the first time since June 22nd. Not counting the one workout I did in the fitness room at the Hotel Kämp in Helsinki, it'll be the first time I've exercised in nearly FOUR WEEKS!!!
I should say that this has not really been a self-imposed hiatus. My gym closes every year for the first two weeks of July for "repairs". I left for Finland on June 23rd, and I returned on July 4th - the very day that my gym closed for two weeks. So that means that due to some unfortunate planning on my part, I've pretty much been a schlub for the past month. Sure, I could have ridden my bike or something. But, every now and then the body just needs a little (or long) recovery time.
I'm going to leave for the gym in thirty minutes. This is going to hurt!

No comments: