Monday, July 07, 2008

Couch Potato...

I invented a new sleeping medication yesterday. Since I've already filed for the international patents, I guess there's no harm in sharing the (until now) secret formula.

First, eat two gigantic pieces of Mrs. TBF's ice cream cake with the Oreo cookie crumb crust. Then, lie down on the sofa and turn on the Wimbledon finals.

At some point, Mrs. TBF gave me the Singapore Airlines flight attendant wake-up (gently rubbing the top of my hand) and informed me that I had been sleeping FOR THREE HOURS!!! I figured that I must have missed the entire tennis match, but no such luck. Two rain delays meant that I actually ended up seeing a good chunk of the final.

All in all, I have to say that watching tennis on TV isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but it's definitely not the worst either; definitely more entertaining than watching soccer. Although, sometimes tennis can kind of drag on...and on...and on.

By the way...

I'm happy to report that the afternoon nap didn't affect my nighttime sleep one bit. Nope! I slept like a baby for eight hours straight.

Apparently my new sleeping medication lasts for a little longer than I had intended. Maybe I'll have to tweak it a bit.

5 comments:

CanadianSwiss said...

I don't think the Wimbledon finals are that imposrtant. However, me thinks 2 pces of Mrs. TBF's ice cream cake might just make the difference.

And now that we have your secret recipe, can we have the recipe for the cake, too?

The Sour Kraut said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. I can't sleep more than a few hours anymore. Ugh.

The Big Finn said...

cs - Sorry CS, it's an old family secret which I can not divulge.

tsk - I almost always sleep well during the night, but afternoon naps are pretty rare for me.

Dixie said...

For me the ideal nap inducing sport is Le Tour de France. You can have you a whopper of a nap and still get to see the exciting charge for the stage finish line.

The Big Finn said...

dixie - I totally agree with you. However, the guy on British Eurosport who does the commentary has such a soothing voice that it pretty much puts me to sleep regardless of what sport I'm watching.

So is it the Tour de France, or is it the voice?