Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Adventure Travel!

We (me, Mrs. TBF, Perry, Renee, and Jo) made the trek to downtown Chicago this past Saturday night to The Capital Grille to celebrate Perry's 50th and Jo's 75th birthdays. We had a really nice time, but the combination of a 24 oz. steak (something I'm DEFINITELY not used to eating) and jet lag took its toll on me. I slept in the car on the way back to the 'burbs. Fortunately for the rest of the crew, I wasn't driving. Unfortuntately, I forgot to bring my camera along (I'm blaming that on jet lag too). But before you think that it couldn't get any more exciting than that, let me tell you about the even more exciting stuff we've done.

On Monday, Mrs. TBF and I went to the dentist, ate some Italian beef and combo samitches for lunch, and then we went grocery shopping at Dominick's. Yesterday (Tuesday), we went to see my cousin Greg the eye doctor and had our eyes examined. I'm proud to say that at the tender age of 43, I still don't need glasses! I ROCK! However, that doesn't rock as much as all the cool equipment that Greg has in his office. Plus, he's held eyeballs in his hands!!! Now THAT rocks!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm - I'm scratching my head here. If yesterday was wednesday and you are posting in the morning on the new wednesday, what is the day before that? And the day after that? The next day of Wednesday? ;-)

The Big Finn said...

Sorry. That's one of the hazards of not having a job. I tend to forget what day of the week it is.