Thursday, October 26, 2006

Prague: Our Dogs Were Barkin'...

Three essentials in Prague: a good breakfast for energy, a good map for navigating the twisting and turning streets, and a good pair of walking shoes. Let me tell you - we walked...for hours...on cobblestones...up and down stairs...

Despite the unpronounceable street names, we managed to navigate Prague fairly easily - thank you very much - and I think I only got us lost one time (yes, I'm a man and I refused to ask for directions...).

Sure the architecture is impressive...but look at those damn sewer hole covers! Now that's something you don't see in the tour books!!! Hey...what the heck were those passers-by staring at? Can't we admire sewer hole covers in private?

We checked out the shops, stopped for a drink and a snack at a tiny restaurant, climbed a zillion steps up to the castle where we took in the scenic (albeit a little hazy) view, and then crossed the Charles Bridge. I was amazed at the huge number of tourists. My God...what is it like during the peak summer tourist months?

A lot of calories were burned walking around that Saturday afternoon. It was time to refuel...

3 comments:

Michael Lehet said...

I love the expressions on the passersby...you know they're just thinking "Toursits" I Love It!

Unknown said...

Great pics! What is it like in summer months, horrid! The charles bridge is so packed and there are just people everywhere...

Is the food still cheap? I know I spend $2.20 US on pasta and a coke in 2002.

Dixie said...

We have manhole covers like that here where I live - and they probably were made in the Czech Republic!